Monday, June 18, 2012

The Greatest Father

Yesterday we spent Father's Day honoring my husband and I was thinking of and missing my dad a few states away.  While we were in church and they had all the dads come up for a blessing, I was thinking about all the people who have lost their own father or their children's father.  I counted my blessings that my children have a wonderful father who loves them to the moon and back and tells them "I love you" all the time.  I'm thankful this is true with my own dad as well. 

I also couldn't help thinking about those whose father is not present in their lives, physically or emotionally.  For some of those who don't have their dad present in their lives or never have for whatever reason, I'm sure Father's Day is a difficult day.  But no matter our circumstances, we all have a reason to celebrate Father's Day.  The greatest Father in the world is a father to all of us.  How many father's would sacrafice their own child's life to save a bunch of sinners like us?  Only one.  And no matter what we do, where we go or who we don't have present in our life, we always have a father that loves us unconditionally.  God our Father will fill us emotionally and spiritually if we only ask, and at the end of the day, that's all we really need.  So many times we look to others (or material things) to fulfill a need and make us happy, whether it's our spouse, our children, family, friends, etc., and we end up disappointed.  God didn't intend for others to make us happy because He knew all along that only He can do that!  So, take heart in knowing you will always have a father who is here with you now and will be forever. 

On a much lighter note, our Father's Day took an unexpected turn as we were getting ready to leave the house. Our smoke detectors started going off and even after changing the batteries in every single one and shutting off the fuse, we couldn't get them to stop!  So, after a call to 911 they suggested to send the fire department out to take a look.  He assured me they would have their sirens and lights off, which we greatly appreciated!  After checking everything out, they discovered a spider had made a web in our basement detector and had set it off.  They were 3 great guys and offered to let the girls sit in the fire truck, which they loved of course!  Nothing like providing a little neighborhood entertainment on a Sunday afternoon :) 

God Bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment